- Nevada’s solar industry on the rebound after major changesFrank Rieger started solar panel installation company Sol-Up USA in 2009, after moving from Germany to Las Vegas in what he called a midlife crisis.
Read more... Nevada’s solar ind
- Corporate Renewable Energy Deals Smash Records in 2018Corporate renewable energy procurement in the United States has reached a new level. As of August, non-utility buyers had announced contracts for more than 3.5 gigawatts of renewable energy projects in 2018 to date, setting a new single-year record in the U.S. That’s well above the previous 3.
Read more... Corporate Renewable
- Inside America's Energy GambleOctober 12, 2018: This story has been corrected. MIDLAND, Texas — Drilling booms have come and gone in this oil town for nearly a century. But the frenzy gripping it now is different. Overwhelming. Drilling rigs tower over suburban backyards.
Read more... Inside America's Ene
- Majority of top U.S. newspapers fail to mention landmark climate change report on their homepagesA United Nations scientific panel released a major new climate change report on the night of October 7, warning of dire consequences if world governments don’t take unprecedented and dramatic steps in the next decade to rein in greenhouse gas emissions. The next morning, the majority of top U.S.
Read more... Majority of top U.S.
- 88% of voters say utilities shouldn't block residential solar: SEIAANAHEIM, Calif. — A new poll of U.S. voters and their energy preferences reveals a split on customer trust in utilities and large energy companies, and heavy support for solar generation. Conference.
Read more... 88% of voters say ut