- How Substack Revealed the Real Value of Writers’ Unfiltered ThoughtsTurns out gatekeepers aren’t so helpful if you want to make a ton of money as a journalist. Jack Shafer is Politico’s senior media writer.
Read more... How Substack Reveale
- Top Bidder for Tribune Newspapers Is an Influential Liberal DonorThe Swiss billionaire Hansjörg Wyss helped build a sophisticated behind-the-scenes operation that attacked Republicans and promoted Democratic causes.
Read more... Top Bidder for Tribu
- Alden Clashes With Billionaire Over Future of Tribune—and of Local NewsAlden Global was on verge of expanding its newspaper empire with a bid for Tribune Publishing when Maryland hotel magnate Stewart Bainum turned the tables on the New York financiers.
Read more... Alden Clashes With B
- The media is slashing jobs again as the Trump news cycle fades and the economy strugglesFor years, the media industry has been forced to compete with tech platforms for advertising revenue and consumers' time. Now, in addition to those same pressures, publishers will see increased competition for attention as the economy opens back up.
Read more... The media is slashin
- The water problemsAmid rising seas and record storms, Louisiana’s water is running low. Reporters Austin R.
Read more... The water problems