- Why Has Local News Collapsed? Blame Readers.Despite all the impassioned pleas to salvage local news coverage, the reality is there’s a demand-side problem. Jack Shafer is Politico’s senior media writer.
Read more... Why Has Local News C
- Layoffs. Losses. Lawsuits. ‘Rules are being rewritten’ for California healthcare giantSutter Health has been the pre-eminent hospital chain in Northern California for decades — respected but also feared. Critics say it has strong-armed insurance companies and major employers into contract terms that inflated healthcare prices across the region.
Read more... Layoffs. Losses. Law
- Sentara-Cone merger faces opposition from providersProviders in North Carolina have raised concerns about a proposed merger between Sentara Healthcare and Cone Health in public comment shared with the state's Department of Justice. The North Carolina Department of Justice accepted public comment on the merger from March 24 through April 28.
Read more... Sentara-Cone merger
- Public comments on Cone-Sentara merger roll inAs North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein considers whether to intervene in the proposed merger between homegrown Cone Health of Greensboro and Virginia-based Sentara Healthcare, he has gotten plenty of input on both sides of the issue.
Read more... Public comments on C
- Minnesota Law Increases Transparency on Police Use of Drones(TNS) — The state's largest law enforcement agencies are ramping use of drones that can capture information on criminals and civilians alike, and a new state law is ensuring the public knows more than ever about their usage.
Read more... Minnesota Law Increa