- Hawaii finalizes utility regulation considered potential template for US power system transformationStakeholders agree the final performance-based regulation order from the state's regulators includes opportunities and safeguards that can be lead to a new regulatory paradigm. Hawaiian Electric will become the first U.S.
Read more... Hawaii finalizes uti
- 2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis ShowsEarth’s global average surface temperature in 2020 tied with 2016 as the warmest year on record, according to an analysis by NASA.
Read more... 2020 Tied for Warmes
- Transparency the most radical police reform of allThis piece originally ran in the Virginia Mercury, Aug. 17, 2020 I’m no expert on the art of policing. Beyond my personal opinions, I couldn’t tell you when the use of force is or isn’t appropriate, or to what extent police officers should be immune from lawsuits for their actions.
Read more... Transparency the mos
- She Noticed $200 Million Missing, Then She Was FiredProPublica is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published. This article was produced in partnership with Bay City News Foundation, which is a member of the ProPublica Local Reporting Network.
Read more... She Noticed $200 Mil
- Ohio Quietly Passes A Bill That Could Bankrupt Churches Linked To Fossil Fuel ProtestsThe measure, part of a wave of legislation to crush demonstrations against new oil and gas infrastructure, will reach the governor’s desk Monday.
Read more... Ohio Quietly Passes