- Just How Much Business Can Batteries Take From Gas Peakers?Batteries emerged as a viable peak power resource so quickly that it’s hard to know what happens next. Regulators in states like California and Arizona have turned to batteries instead of conventional natural-gas plants to provide flexible power for evening peaks.
Read more... Just How Much Busine
- More Republicans Support Expanding Renewable Energy Than Fossil FuelsWhen Earther last checked in on Americans’ views on climate change, we found conservative climate denial is a uniquely American trait. A new Pew Research survey affirms the partisan divide is as strong as ever when it comes to accepting basic climate science.
Read more... More Republicans Sup
- Trump Kills NASA Carbon Monitoring Program as CO2 Levels Soar Past 'Troubling' 410 ppm ThresholdAs the Trump administration charges forward with its war on science by canceling a "crucial" carbon monitoring system at NASA, scientists and climate experts are sounding alarms over atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) that just surpassed a "troubling" threshold for the first time i
Read more... Trump Kills NASA Car
- U.S. Renewable Capacity SoarsThe history of power production through the early part of the 21st century was very much a tale of nonrenewable energy resources. Power was produced primarily by coal, natural gas, and nuclear energy at large power plants at central locations and distributed to customers via the electrical grid.
Read more... U.S. Renewable Capac
- North Carolina court upholds group's solar power violationRALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The North Carolina Supreme Court on Friday quickly rejected a challenge to regulators who decided a clean-energy advocacy group broke electric-service rules by selling solar power to a church.
Read more... North Carolina court