- Virginia approves largest solar power plant east of the RockiesVirginia regulators have approved construction of the four part solar power plant, whose output is partially being sold to Microsoft. The 500 MW-AC facility is being developed by sPower.
Read more... Virginia approves la
- Climate Change Denialists Never Had It So Good. So Why the Angst?When climate science deniers and fossil fuel evangelists met Tuesday in New Orleans for the Heartland Institute's second "America First" conference on U.S. energy, they had every reason to celebrate the unprecedented influence they enjoy in the Trump administration.
Read more... Climate Change Denia
- Atmospheric carbon last year reached levels not seen in 800,000 yearsThe concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in Earth’s atmosphere reached 405 parts per million (ppm) last year, a level not seen in 800,000 years, according to a new report.
Read more... Atmospheric carbon l
- Virginia lawmakers consider fossil fuel lobbyist for energy regulator seatRichmond lawyer David Clarke would bring expertise and potential conflicts of interest to the State Corporation Commission.
Read more... Virginia lawmakers c
- Climate change is supercharging a hot and dangerous summerIn the town of Sodankyla, Finland, the thermometer on July 17 registered a record-breaking 90 degrees, a remarkable figure given that Sodankyla is 59 miles north of the Arctic Circle, in a region known for winter snowmobiling and an abundance of reindeer.
Read more... Climate change is su