- Birds are shrinking. These scientists say it’s a consequence of global warming.Birds are getting smaller. So shows an analysis of migratory birds that died after colliding into buildings in Chicago and were collected as specimens for the Field Museum of Natural History. David Willard, a Field Museum ornithologist, has measured the Windy City’s dead birds since 1978.
Read more... Birds are shrinking.
- More Than 100 Military Bases Now at Risk of Water Shortages, GAO FindsMore than 100 military bases are at risk of water shortages in an era of climate change, according to a Government Accountability Office report released last week. Some have already experienced water restrictions.
Read more... More Than 100 Milita
- Renewables get a boost from lower cost batteriesLower costs and more capacity helped to drive growth in the renewable energy industry this year, according to a new study.
Read more... Renewables get a boo
- The Colorado Sun, one year after the ‘Denver rebellion’On a Thursday evening last month, journalists from The Colorado Sun gathered with hundreds of supporters in a downtown Denver brewery to bask in the glow of a full year in business.
Read more... The Colorado Sun, on
- ExxonMobil Is Still Bankrolling Climate Science DeniersExxonMobil says it believes “the risk of climate change is real,” and it is “committed to being part of the solution.” The largest investor-owned oil company in the world also says it supports a federal carbon tax and the Paris climate agreement.
Read more... ExxonMobil Is Still