Arizona Newspapers Association
Awards First Place in News Category for Reporting Triggered by Our Research
- Leaked Documents Reveal Counterterrorism Tactics Used at Standing Rock to “Defeat Pipeline Insurgencies”A shadowy international mercenary and security firm known as TigerSwan targeted the movement opposed to the Dakota Access Pipeline with military-style counterterrorism measures, collaborating closely with police in at least five states, according to internal documents obtained by The Intercept.
Read more... Leaked Documents Rev
- Utility owner, ex-regulator, lobbyist indicted on bribery, fraud chargesWhat is the difference between misdemeanors and felonies in Arizona? Wochit Former Chairman of the Arizona Corporation Commission Gary Pierce and water company owner George Johnson were indicted this week in federal court on charges of bribery, conspiracy and fraud.
Read more... Utility owner, ex-re
- A "personal friend" exemption on gifts to Virginia's elected officials leaves open an unlimited loopholeSix years after former Gov. Bob McDonnell and his family began receiving money, loans, vacations, golf outings, designer clothes and a Rolex from a businessman he called a friend, little has changed to prevent such largesse being provided to Virginia's top executive, state officials say.
Read more... A "personal friend"
- PACE: How Protecting Our Environment Can Help Our EconomyCalifornia has been a guiding light in our nation’s economic recovery. Our state now leads the nation in economic growth and has cut the unemployment rate in half since 2011.
Read more... PACE: How Protecting
- State breaks another renewable energy recordA stretch of sunny, windy days, combined with brimming reservoirs at hydroelectricity facilities across the state, helped California reach yet another renewable energy milestone last weekend. Early Saturday afternoon, renewable sources produced a record 67.
Read more... State breaks another
Support Checks and Balances Project